In this time, a lot of folks are worried about housing security. The Councilor is involved in advocating for both rental and mortgage relief at the City and State level.
Apply to the Mayor’s Rental Relief Fund fund starting on Monday, April 6th.
- The City of Boston is dedicating $3 million in city funds to assist Bostonians who are at risk of losing their rental housing due to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic.
- The funds will help income-eligible tenants in the City of Boston achieve housing stability by providing direct financial relief to assist with rental payments.
- The Boston Housing Authority stopped pursuing all non-essential evictions until April 21, 2020 (note: this date may be extended)
- COVID-19 Eviction Court Updates (Updated March 24, 2020)
- Legal Aid/Eviction Help
Other Housing Resources
- CHAPA affordable housing updates
- CHAPA affordable housing resources
- Updates from DHCD
- Updates from HUD
- Updates from Boston Housing Authority
- Boston Home Center Programs
- If you are a family seeking shelter, please call 1-866-584-0653. More information for families with children.
- List of individual homeless shelters in Massachusetts, maintained by the Department of Housing and Community Development.
- Answers to renters’ FAQ